- Programme supports complete transition of resources to Azure platforms
- Partners given access to Tech Data’s Centre of Excellence for migration and deployment
Basingstoke, 19 December 2017 – Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq: TECD) has launched a Data Centre Optimisation service for resellers looking to build on and develop their existing managed services and cloud practices and move customer workloads onto Microsoft Azure.
The programme provides a complete process for DC migration, starting with an assessment and audit of a partner’s current capabilities and charting a course through to transition and optimisation of data centre resources. It is designed for partners who have already started to build their cloud practices and now want to take their business to the next level in the most effective and cost-efficient way.
John-James Uezzell, Microsoft Business Development Manager at Tech Data, said: “We have had a lot of success in bringing Microsoft partners onto CSP and getting resellers to Silver Competency for Azure through our Velocity programme. DC Optimisation builds on these initiatives and gives partners a platform and pathway to accelerate their Azure business and enable business transformation for their customers.”
The service enables partners to consolidate Azure and other public cloud usage and spending with up-to-date usage dashboards and reporting that will keep them informed of all customer activity. Tech Data is also offering training to ensure resellers are ready to sell, deploy and run Azure solutions for customers. The Tech Data team will also assist in planning and executing marketing and lead generation programmes.
Partners that sign-up for the DC Optimisation scheme will also have access to Tech Data’s Azure Centre of Excellence, pre-configured Azure Solutions and Blueprints to make selling and deployment easier.
Tech Data’s DC Optimisation service has five stages:
- Assess and Audit – Tech Data’s team will work with partners to identify strengths and weaknesses in current capabilities on DC and cloud
- Viability Study – a transformation workshop will be used to build a viable financial model, to be followed by a 30-day PoC
- Planning – Tech Data’s experts will provide detailed advanced operational planning support for DC migration
- Migration – full support will be offered during the transition to the new model to ensure partners have adequate and appropriate training at every stage
- Optimisation – capacity planning and provision of managed services to enable acceleration of cloud practices and DC business
Resellers can obtain more information on Tech Data’s Microsoft DC Optimisation programme by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.