Announces regional leadership team
Barcelona, 01 March, 2017 – Tech Data Corporation (NASDAQ: TECD), has appointed Patrick Zammit as president, Tech Data Europe. Zammit will report into Tech Data’s executive vice president and chief operating officer, Rich Hume.
Zammit was formerly global president, Avnet Technology Solutions prior to the acquisition by Tech Data. He previously led Avnet’s Electronics Marketing (EM) EMEA components business and held a number of leadership roles across finance, operations and strategic planning at Avnet. Prior to joining Avnet, he was with Arthur Andersen.
Tech Data has also announced its European Executive Board, which will be led by Zammit:
- Alain Amsellem – senior vice president and chief financial officer, Europe
- Michael Dressen – senior vice president and regional managing director, Germany and Austria
- Jonas Elmgren – senior vice president and regional managing director, GEO*
- Andy Gass – senior vice president and regional managing director, United Kingdom and Ireland
- Pascal Murciano – senior vice president and regional managing director, France
- Miriam Murphy – senior vice president and regional managing director, Benelux
- Stephen Nolan – senior vice president, Broadline, Mobile and Services
- Johan Vandenbussche – senior vice president, Operations
- Graeme Watt – senior vice president, Value (includes the combined businesses of Azlan and Technology Solutions, specialist brands Datech and Maverick, along with Tech Data Cloud and Tech Data Smart for IoT)
- Simon England – senior vice president, Next Generation Technology (includes cloud, big data – analytics and cognitive, IoT, security, education and services)
- Carlos Arcusa – vice president, Human Resources
- Michael Fischermanns – vice president, Information Technology
- Hugo Graça – vice president, Global Computing Components EMEA
- Roman Rudolf – vice president, Integration
Hume said: “Patrick has expertise in managing both value-added and broadline distribution businesses within intricate markets. He is known as a passionate leader with the ability to deliver market-leading results. I am confident that Patrick and the outstanding leadership team that we have assembled will successfully guide Tech Data Europe into the future.”
About his new role, Zammit said: “I am looking forward to exploring new opportunities to engage with channel partners and vendors across Europe. We are bringing together two businesses with a mutual commitment to providing a world-class customer experience. My focus will be to ensure that our partners benefit from the broader and differentiated portfolio of IT solutions now available from Tech Data.”
— ENDS —
*GEO = Other European countries where Tech Data operates: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
About Tech Data
Tech Data Corporation is one of the world’s largest wholesale distributors of technology products, services and solutions. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable 115,000 resellers to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users in more than 100 countries. Tech Data generated $26.4 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2016. It is ranked No. 108 on the Fortune 500® and one of Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies.” To learn more, visit www.techdata.com, or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
For more information contact:
Group Marketing Director
Tech Data UK
Tel: 01256 864611