- More than 84 women nominated for six awards recognising the vital role women play in Tech Data’s business in the UK and Ireland
- Over 300 colleagues and interested parties tune in to virtual ceremony
Basingstoke, 28 April 2021 – Tech Data has announced the winners of the first Women in Tech Data Awards during an online event that celebrated the tremendous achievements and contributions of female colleagues to the everyday running and progression of the business in the UK and Ireland.
Female employees at Tech Data put forward 144 nominations, naming 84 of their colleagues as potential candidates for the six awards. The winners were:
- Newcomer Award – Sabrina Gosney, Microsoft business manager
- Unsung Hero – Isabelle Moore, PC category manager
- Manager of the Year – Casey Phillips, e-commerce manager
- Role Model of the Year – Cheryl Melvin, internal sales executive – MSP
- Ally of the Year – Andy Brown, technical services director (presented to a colleague of any gender who has supported female colleagues)
- Woman of the Year – Linzi Kynaston, category manager, Global Computing Components
There were also two Highly Commended awards, for Amanda Glasgow, marketing and experiential lead; and Ann-Marie Hiscox, internal communications manager.
Speaking to a virtual audience of more than 300 attendees from Tech Data and involved external parties, David Watts, senior vice president, UK and Ireland, thanked everyone who contributed to making the awards happen, and extended special gratitude to the panel of four external judges: Louise Matthews, marketing director UK and Ireland at VMware; Graeme Watt, CEO of Softcat plc; Julia Bishop, device marketing lead at Microsoft; and Julie Simpson, CEO of ResouceiT Consulting.
Commenting on the awards themselves, Watts said: “I am so proud of the whole team at Tech Data and it’s really important to recognise and celebrate the excellence and achievements of all the women who work for the company. Well done to all of our winners and everyone who was nominated. The judges found it extremely difficult to choose only six winners, so congratulations to every woman and man who was put forward.”
The awards are part of Tech Data Elevate – an internal business resource group dedicated to empowering women to thrive in their careers at Tech Data through development, education, and networking.
Picture: Linzi Kynaston, Tech Data.